How to Apply Online for Driving License: People of all ages like to ride a bike or drive a car. They like to be independent and are able to travel from one point to another based on others. Although learning to drive is the first step, applying for a driving license is the most important step if you decide to drive on the roads.
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 states that No person will be allowed to drive a motor Vehicle in a public place with a valid driving license. It is a punishable offense. So, if you have always stopped going to the Regional Transport Office (RTO), because it takes time or is not sure how to apply for a driving license in your city.
Application for Services on Driving License
- Enter the DL number and date of birth in the respective fields and. Click on Go.
- On clicking ‘Go’, the website will automatically fill in the details or final final details.
- In the ‘Submit Select Request’ section, you have to select State and RTO from the drop down menu in the ‘Apply to State and State RTO’ section.
- Click ‘Proceed’ to proceed to the next step.
How to submit Application form of driving license online ?
Yes, you can go ahead and submit your application for driving license online. All you have to do is go to the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and follow the steps given below.
How to submit your driving license application form:
- Visit- Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Click “Driving License”.
- Select the “Apply Online” option and Click “New Driving License”.
- You will see instructions for driving license application form.
- Once you click the “Continue” button, you will be asked if you have a Learner’s License,
- Foreign DL or Defense License. Tick the appropriate box and proceed.
- Based on the selection you made above, you will be asked for Learner’s License Number /
- Foreign DL Number / Defense License Number.
- You will be asked to enter your date of birth in DDMMYYYY format.
- Once you fill in the requested information, please click “OK”.
- In this form, you will be asked to fill in your personal details like your name, age and
- Once you click on all the details, you will be asked to upload all the necessary supporting documents like age proof, identity proof and address proof.
- You may be upload a passport size photograph and your signature. Please keep the scanned copies for the same.
- Once your all the documents uploaded, you will be asked to choose the time for your DL appointment. Please select the date and time when you will be available to go directly to RTO and appear for your DL test.
- Once you have paid to submit your driving license application form, your application will be successfully sent to the RTO.
- On the day of your appointment, make sure you arrive a few minutes early and give your test. The section has to be signed by the parent / guardian in the presence of the licensing authority.
- On completion of the form and after reviewing the information, the applicant can submit Online form by clicking the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the form.
- Note down the number for future reference and check the status of the application.
Application Number Search:
- Select the state from the ‘Select State Name’ drop down menu.
- Once you do this, you will get the option to choose RTO. Select RTO Name from ‘RTO Name’ drop down menu.
- Enter your first name, middle name, last name and date of birth.
- Enter captcha code.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
Documents Required For Driving Licence (DL):
The following list of documents are submitted along with form 9:
- Learner’s Licence.
- Proof of Address: Any one of the following- Utility bills like ration card, passport, voter ID card (EPIC card), life insurance policy, electricity, telephone bill, gas bill, payment of state or central government.
- Proof of Age: Any one of the following- PAN Card, School Matriculation Certificate, Voter ID Card (EPIC Card), Passport, Birth Certificate.
- Driving school certificate.
- All documents related to the vehicle will be used for the driving test.
- Passport size photograph.
How to apply for a learner’s license, the applicant must fulfill the following conditions:
- For a two wheeler license, the age of the applicant should be over 16 years and for four more than 18 years Wheeler License.
- Learners license holders can apply for a driving license 30 days after their issuance Learner’s License.
- Learner’s license holders must apply for a driving license within 180 days (6 months) His learner’s license is being issued.
How to apply for Learner’s License Online ?
Applicants wishing to apply for a Learner’s License do not need to be brave in long queues Regional Transport Office (RTO) now, but can fill and submit the form Application online. With the introduction of online learner license application, Applicants can fill the form as well as book their driving test appointment, From the comfort of your home. Similarly, anyone can take an online appointment driving license.
Documents To Be Submitted for Applying Learner’s License
The following documents are to be uploaded:
- Physical Fitness Declaration (form 1).
- Medical certificate (form 1-A).
- Passport-sized photographs.
- Proof of address: any one of the following-
- Life Insurance policy, Voter’s identity card,Passport, Ration card, Affidavit sworn before a Public Notary or a Judicial Magistrate.
- Proof of age: any of the following-
- Birth certificate, School matriculation certificate,Passport,Voter’s identity card, Life insurance policy, Affidavit sworn before a Public Notary or Magistrate.
Learner’s License Test Slot Booking
Booking of test slots for learner’s license can also be done online through Sarathi Website. Applicants whose application forms have been processed will receive Notification in respect of the same. After that, they can book a test slot on the website.
Applicants from the following states cannot book slots for their learner’s license tests Via Sarathi Website:
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Haryana, Jharkhand, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura.
Applicants from these states and union territories have to visit the website Regional Transport Authority and book a slot in your state.
For applicants from other states, they have to follow the procedure outlined below:
- Visit- Sarathi website.
- On the homepage, click on the online slot booking option under Sarathi Services Column.
- Click on the tab ‘LL LL Slot Booking’ on the tab that opens and select ‘LL Test’ for online application. Applicant’s web application number and date of birth (enter in dd / mm / yyyy Format)
- A calendar with available slots will open in a new tab. Select date and check Availability before confirmation of appointment.
- Click ‘Confirm’, where an acknowledgment will be shown on the screen.
Applicant has to appear at the examination center at the scheduled time along with the original Documents and acknowledgment.
Official Website: https://sarathi.nic.in
Also read: Difference Between Driving Licence (DL) and Learner’s Licence (LL)
Also read: Why should you apply for a driving license (DL) online ?
Also read: What is the validity of a Learner’s License?
Also read: How can I pay the processing fee for my driving license?
How to Apply Online for Driving License | permanent driving license | online application for a learner’s license or driving license | driving license application | download the driving license application form | DL application | application for a learner’s license or driving license | RTO Application online |driving licence online apply in up | driving licence online form | check driving licence number | driving licence download | driving licence online apply in delhi | sarathi parivahan licence | apply for new driving licence online | SKR Creations