Hello friends, In this article, we will discuss How to Use Satellite Internet. We will teaches you how to install and use satellite internet at your home or mobile location.
How to Use Satellite Internet
Satellite Internet is often the only option for people living in remote rural areas, in which cable companies do not provide service.
Keep in mind that satellite Internet can be erratic, so large bandwidth actions such as streaming HD video or playing online video games may be impossible at certain times of the day.
How to Sign up for satellite internet
Step 1- Consider your options: Depending on your geographic location, you may have many different options for satellite Internet service providers. Each will most likely come with its fair share of pros and cons, so explore as many options as possible.
- The main two providers in North America are Wysat and Hugnet.
Step 2- Compare download and upload speeds: Ultimately, the quality of your satellite Internet will depend on the speed of your service.
Compare the upload and download speeds of available services to each other. Whichever service is faster will usually be a better option.
Tips: Do not expect extremely high speeds from a satellite provider. Satellite Internet is generally slower than other types of Internet. However, this is a great option if you live elsewhere where you do not have access to other Internet providers.
Step 3- See reviews for your selected service: View online customer reports regarding service performance. If you generally see favorable reviews, the service is probably fine.
- Keep in mind that some customers, of course, leave negative reviews due to inconsistent service compared to cable internet, outages during certain conditions (eg, weather), or higher price points. All three of these problems have inherent satellite Internet problems, so do a review like this with a grain of salt.
Step 4- Sign up for a satellite internet subscription: Once you want to use the service, sign up to select the plan and enter your payment information.
- You can usually do this online, although you can usually call the service provider instead.
Step 5- If no modem is included, buy a modem: If your satellite Internet service does not include a modem, buy one that supports satellite Internet.
- Your satellite internet subscription should include a dish.
How to Installing satellite dish
Many satellite Internet services will install their dish for you; If you are in an area that supports this, allow a professional to set up your dish instead of doing so.
- If you have to install the dish in variable locations (eg, boat or RV), then you have to take care of the installation yourself.
Step 6- Adjust the dish to point toward the equator: Since the satellites that broadcast your Internet are positioned directly at the Earth’s equator, there should be no obstruction that prevents you from having an optimal connection.
- Install your satellite dish in an open area away from trees and similar obstacles. For example, if you live in North America, place the dish at the southern end of your roof or south of any tall trees, so that it points toward the equator.
Step 7- Place the anchor of the satellite dish on your roof: Using the hardware that comes with your satellite dish, scour the base of the dish on the flat side of your roof. The dish should have a clear, unobstructed view of the sky.
- Make sure the connections are tight, and do not install your dish in a loose or unstable section of the roof.
- If you have a balcony or an equally proportioned part of your home that is a clear view of the sky at the equator, you can use it to mount your dish.
Step 8- Attach a coaxial cable to your dish: Many dishes use two coaxial cables to connect to your Internet hardware, but your dish can only have one.
- When attaching the coaxial cable to the dish, you should see the “IN” port and the “OUT” port in the dish. Consider marking the other end of your coaxial cables to coincide with these ports – you need to know which one is when connecting them to your modem.
Step 9- Secure coaxial cable: You will usually use staples or hose ties to anchor coaxial cable to your roof. Be sure to keep cables away from sharp objects, and secure them as tightly as possible; You do not want the cable to loose during a storm.
- Depending on your home, you may need to drill a hole through which you can thread the coaxial cable before using the cable in your home.
How to Connect to Satellite Internet
Step 10- Make sure you have the necessary equipment: Before attempting to connect to satellite Internet, you must provide the following items:
- Installed Satellite Dish
- Satellite Internet-capable modem
- Ethernet cable
- source of power
Your computer should be close to your modem and the coaxial cable (s) of your dish. Most dish coaxial cables are 125 feet in length, so you may need to keep your modem accordingly.
Step 11- Plug the modem into a power source: Using the modem’s power cable, attach it to an electrical outlet near the coaxial cable of your computer and dish.
Step 12- Attach the modem to the satellite dish: Depending on your dish, you’ll have a coaxial cable or two coaxial cables to connect to the modem:
- A cable – plug the cable into the coaxial port of the modem.
- Two cables – plug the “IN” cable into the “SAT IN” coaxial port, then plug the “OUT” cable into the “SAT OUT” port.
Step 13- Connect your computer to the modem: Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the back of the modem, then plug the other end of the cable into the Ethernet slot of your computer.
- If you are using a Mac that does not have an Ethernet slot, you can purchase Ethernet from the Thunderbolt adapter for this step.
Step 14- Wait for your computer to establish an Internet connection: As long as your dish is currently receiving signals from its proper satellite, you should start browsing within one minute of connecting your computer to the modem.
Final Step- Use a wireless router: If you are connecting more than one item to the Internet, you must plug your modem into a wireless router via an Ethernet cable and then the Wi-Fi of each item to connect to the router.
It is not recommended to use a wireless router unless absolutely necessary. Since satellite Internet is already poor under normal circumstances, the use of wireless routers can dilute your signal more.
- How to use Aarogya Setu App in Hindi
- What is Credit Card & How to apply for a credit card online?
- What is Aarogya Setu and How to use Aarogya Setu App
- What is Android OS? Introduction to Android
- How to increase WordPress website speed without plugin in 2020
- Top 10 Insurance Companies in India 2020
- How to write SEO friendly articles and engaging blog posts.
- How To launch WordPress Website on DigitalOcean
- Top 4 Best Cloud Hosting Providers in 2020
- How To launch WordPress Website on DigitalOcean
- Best Hosting Checker Tools in 2020
- Top 10 Best Domain Registrars in 2020
- Read Stories in Hindi
- Download Basic Learning Courses
In this article, we have shared with you a complete guide on best and free how to install and use satellite internet. If you still have any doubts about how to install and use satellite internet, you can ask us by commenting below. We will definitely help you to clear all your doubts.Share this post if you found helpful!